Just after we got married I bought the most gorgeous Woman’s Weekly Christmas Cooking Book.
It has the most amazing recipe for sorbet.Fast forward a few years and 2 kids and I now have to remember I can’t always bake or use recipes that incorporate egg whites (lil man is allergic to egg).
So we made the following recipe last night
- x1 Packet of Frozen Raspberries (400g)
- x1 cup water
- x1 cup castor sugar
- x1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Dissolve the sugar in the water over a medium heat saucepan.
- Puree’ raspberries using a blender
- Sieve raspberry puree’ through a sieve in order to have a smooth puree without seeds
- Once the sugar-water has cooled down add the puree’ and whisk until combined.
- Place in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Remove and using a fork “rake” the sorbet.
- Place it in the freezer once again until you ready to serve
I used my awesome Cuisipro Ice-cream Scoop and Stack when I plated the Sorbet.You can purchase them from Yuppiechef.
I bought the Frozen Raspberry Packet from Woolworths
This was a little thicker than a sorbet as the egg whites were missing to make it nice and light but its a plus when my whole family can eat the same dessert and enjoy it.All my household critics gave it 2 thumbs up!